Sunday, October 13, 2019

Week 2 Forum


Topic 1
Photographer of the Week

Pete Souza


Facts -

- Former Official Chief White House Photographer for U.S. Presidents Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama
- Several of his photography books are New York Times bestsellers
- He photographed a couple stories on assignment for National Geographic


I think what stands out the most is how authentic his photos are. He captured the most intimate moments of Reagan's and Obama's presidencies. For example: when he captured former President Obama's reaction to the news of the Sandy Hook shooting. You can see Obama is severely effected by the news, it showed that Obama genuinely cared as a president and as a father. I think his "Claim to Fame," was covering former President Barack Obama's rise and presidency. His book "Obama: An Intimate Portrait,is one of the best selling photography books of all time.





Topic 2
 Lynsey Addario
"It's What I Do"

I thought the book was exciting. What impressed me most was how badass Lynsey Addario is. She was afraid but still went through with her work. She had me a worried for her life at times, and it was just the prelude and first chapter of the book. I think at one point in the prelude she mentions how she was "in the line of fire," and I was incredibly impressed at just how truly dedicated she is to her work. She was willing to risk her life for the photo's and stories. I really, really admire her passion. I think the lessons you can apply to photojournalism based on her book are to: find your stories and take your photo's even when you're scared, and to capture all the photo's you can because they show the real story.


No comments:

Post a Comment