Saturday, October 26, 2019

Week 4

PORTRAIT SUBJECTS 

For my first choice for my portrait subject, I think I'll contact my younger sibling's elementary school principal. Her name is Barbi Riggs. She was my younger brother's 2nd grade teacher, and she became the principal of that school the next year. I would want to get a picture of her sitting in her office desk with her "Principal Riggs" name tag on the desk. I have her number and email, so I wouldn't have a problem contacting her.

For my second choice I would probably contact my old soccer coach named Ramiro Santana. Ideally I'd get pictures of him with his soccer coach sweater, maybe holding a soccer ball in the soccer field with the soccer nets in the background. I'm friends with him on Facebook, so I could contact him through that. 

Tips from the "Shooting Stars" video I could apply to this assignment:
- Figure out a place for the portrait subject beforehand, test the lighting, background, etc. 
-Make the subject comfortable. Have conversation, form a sort of personal relationship in the time you're taking their pictures. They will be more cooperative, and their face won't just "sit there."

No comments:

Post a Comment